A novel twist to a favorite learning tool – no barnyard animals or dinosaurs here! The subject of this puzzle is Lord Vishnu and his 10 avatar – a bedrock principle of one of the world’s most ancient and influential religions. Featuring stunning artwork with whimsical detail, each avatar also has the corresponding number 1-10 painted on it, so your child will learn math along with mythology.
Comes with a 10-page Parents’ Guide which contains a brief story of each avatar.
Comes packaged in a beautiful tin box.
Ready to Ship.
• Jigsaw Puzzle Dimensions: appx. 12” H x 16” W (30 cm x 40 cm)
• 24 pieces
• Material: plywood
• Printed with non-toxic, water-based inks and paints
• Conforms to worldwide safety requirements
• Parents’ Guide containing a brief story of each avatar
• Comes packaged in a tin box
Puzzles are a powerful brain exercise – they help develop and hone logic skills, fine motor skills, and spatial visualization abilities. They are also a self-correcting activity – an important aspect of the Montessori “teach me to do it myself” tradition.
We designed our Das Avatar Chunky Wood Puzzle so that children can use the pieces beyond the obvious puzzle application. Here are a few ideas:
• Custom art: have your child place the puzzle piece on a blank sheet of paper. Using a pencil, have him or her trace the outline of the piece onto the paper. Your child can then try to replicate the puzzle piece itself or compose a new creation.
• Sequence game: lay the puzzle pieces in a single line on the floor or on a table – with 1 or more pieces out of order (depending on your child’s ability). Have your child reorder the pieces in the proper sequence.
• Instant puppet: as you narrate the story of each avatar to your child, use the corresponding puzzle piece to illustrate the events. You can use props (other dolls, drawings, etc.) as you see fit.
Change your currency
*For illustrative purposes only; payment will be processed in US Dollars.